Saturday, January 31, 2009

Don Wears Blue Suede Shoes Too!!




This is a picture of Minnie Mae Hood. My dad was Lowell Dulaney, his mother was Pearl Johnson Dulaney. Her mother was Alma Etta Hood Johnson. Alma was the daughter of Harrison H Hood. Harrison was the son of Joshua Harrison Hood and Margret Johnson Hood my (Great Great Grandparents)
The line is as follows: (Joshua Hood- Harrison Hood- Alma Etta Hood Johnson- Pearl Johnson- Lowell Dulaney- Don Dulaney)
Now Joshua and Margret had another son William Harrison Hood. William Harrison Hood was the Father Of this Minnie Mae Hood, Minnie Mae's Son was Vernon Presley, Elvis Presleys father. So Joshua Harrison Hood and Margret Johnson Hoods was Elvis's (Great Great Grandparents). The line is as follows: (Joshua Hood-William Harrison Hood- Minnie Mae Hood-Vernon Presley- Elvis Presley)
So in short I have the Same Great Great Grandparents as ELVIS.
Hat Tip to Mona Mills for putting this information together.

8 comments:

CLiKK said...

Hmmm.. seems that the younger guy was one of those fly-by-nighters... you know, the one-hit wonder kind of thing...had this nervous Tic, made his pelvis go beserk....Can't remember the name, though, sorry!

Mona Robinson Mills said...

Don, I can't be sure but seems like I saw this young fellow up the North Road. But I could be mistaken.

Mona Robinson Mills said...

So let's get this straight - you and Elvis share the same GG Grandparents? And that makes you and Priscilla cousins. And that makes you and Michael Jackson *former* in-laws? Kewl.

Don Dulaney said...

Mona, I had so much respect for you. Key Word- "HAD" LOL

Ken Dulaney said...

Very interesting. Confusing, but interesting. Great job by Mona and Don for digging this up.

And here I was thinking Don was the famous one. Hmmmm. Shows how much I know. LOL

You too have way too much time on your hands! But great stuff. Keep up the good work.

Ken Dulaney said...

Correction: You "two" have too much time on your hands. I am such a dufus. LOL

Kara online said...

ah haaaa ha.(elvis)you no dufus uncle ken!!!!!!!! i wrote somthing new to day on my blog. see u later...!!!!!!!

Glenn Dulaney said...

I always knew I got my singing talent from somewhere. By the way Mona, no thanks for the Micheal Jackson connection.lol Keep up the great work.