Friday, March 6, 2009

A Tribute to Mentors of Itawamba History

Charles & Verbal West Booth Oct.23 1955
-
I wanted to take a moment and thank 2 of the people that help get me started in my quest for family history. Along the way many people have contributed to what little I know about my family geneology. However, there was one couple that gave me the frame work to begin. I was welcomed into their home like I was family. I later learned it was because I was considered family to them. Every time I call someone about family History I am always asked the same thing, So in answer to their question. "YES! I have talked to Charles & Verbal Booth" and YES! I know they know a ton about Itawamba History!! LOL! They were 2 of the five original members of Itawamba County Historical Society. The research Charles and Verbal Booth have done in Itawamba County will be treasured for many generations to come and I want to be the first to say "THANK YOU"!
-
I thought the best way to do a tribute was to do what they done best. Give you a glimpse into where Charles and Verbal Booth came from and what they have produced.
Please Click the Picture for enlarged Veiw
Verbals Parents Chester Lee West & Florence Hall
-
Verbals Grandparents Mr. & Mrs J. A. West.
-
Charles's Parents & Charles- Arvel & Arbel Booth.
-
Children & Grandchildren Of Mr. & Mrs. Charles Booth
(L-R- Martin Davis,LeeAnn Bennet Davis,Mike Bennett, Sherry Booth Bennett,Charles Booth, Verbal West Booth, Ben Booth in front of them, then Katie Booth, Becky Turner Adams,Jessica Booth, TJ Adams, Wanda Booth Turner, Mike Turner, Jerry Booth)

2 comments:

Ken Dulaney said...

What a great tribute. I have heard you and Mike among others speak so well of Mrs. Verbal Booth. I cannot think of a better way to insure that generations to come will know just how important these two people are to Itawamba County and to the great State of Mississippi.

Most impressive of you to take the time to put these words down in their honor. Here here.

Ken Dulaney said...

Help.. Is it "here here" or "hear hear"? Mona?